Friends of RMS (the Parents' Association)
The Friends of The Royal Masonic School (FORMS) is an association primarily made-up of parents and guardians who believe in building friendships within the RMS community through social events for both parents and families.
These events not only provide for the social aspect, they also give us the opportunity to raise funds to be used to enhance and enrich the learning within School. We work closely with the Head and his staff to ensure that our activities are aligned with their needs. Monies have been used for various projects such as digital cameras, sound systems, playground equipment for Cadogan House, fun additions to the boarding houses and Special Educational and Assisted Learning equipment. We are delighted to provide the floral tributes for the girls to take on their visit to the War Graves each year.
FORMS is responsible for hosting a number of family events including a Fireworks Display, Christmas Fair, Summer Fair and a Bingo Night. The infamous Quiz Night is enormous fun for parents, and challenges their knowledge as they battle to win the FORMS Quiz Night Trophy! And to round of each academic year we hold a Summer Dance or Ball.
Our second-hand uniform sales are always popular and are deemed a useful service for parents whilst generating significant income. You will also find us manning the bar and serving refreshments at school plays and concerts throughout the year and assisting the School whenever we can. We willingly attend Open Day and Induction Day when we have the opportunity to answer questions and share our experiences with you.
As fellow parents and guardians, FORMS invite you to contribute to the School community, whether it is through attending the array of events on offer or supporting where you can by helping at an event. Everyone is welcome and each and every offer of help is gratefully received.
If you wish to obtain any further information in relation to FORMS or would like to discuss any of the above, please contact:
- Nicole Whitfield FORMS Chairperson, via email email@example.com or
- Mathura Paramjorthy, FORMS Vice-Chairperson via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Penny Smee, FORMS Secretary, via email email@example.com
- On twitter @RMSParents
Your FORMS Committee 2016
CHAIR: Nicole Whitfield
Nicole has two daughters at RMS - Ophelia in Year 3 and Anelise in Ruspini House.
VICE-CHAIR: Mathura Paramjorthy
Mathura has three daughters at RMS - Sowmiya in Year 4, Sneha in Year 1 and Sahana in Ruspini House
SECRETARY: Penny Smee
Penny has one daughter Imogen in Cadogan House (Year 2), and her son Matthew is at St Johns
TREASURER: Jon Bishop
Jon has three daughters - Alice is in Year 11 , and twins Emma and Laura finished Year 13 in July 2015. He also has a son, Matt, at Watford Boys
ASST TREASURER: Erwin Keiles
Erwin has two daughters - Elana in Year 11 and Lauren, a previous Deputy Head Girl of the School, who left in July 2015 to go to University
FORMS hold many fundraising events throughout the year. Money raised from these events goes towards donations and equipment for the School. Some recent examples of where this money is spent are listed below:
- Business Studies Department- Display boards for Young Enterprise
- Chapel Choir - Cost of an outing
- Duke of Edinburgh Scheme- a tent
- English Department - Resources for speaking activities and public speaking
- Modern Foreign Languages Department - TV with built in DVD/video recorder
- PE Department - Gym mats, Gym springs, Hockey kits, Trophy cabinet, Activities sessions for Boarders
- Performing Arts Department - Dance Floor, Percussion instruments & Music stands banners
- Photography Department - A2 Printer, Photo frames
- Cadogan House - Mobile display screens x 2
- Ruspini House– Digital camera and pack
- FORMS prizes to be given on Prize Day
- Resource Centre - Author's visit
- Astronomy Club - 2 binoculars and digital camera adaptor for telescope
- Environmental Conservation Club – Birds nest boxes and slow worm homes
- Science Club - Items to develop and enhance the club / rocket launcher, educational toys and a crystal garden.
- Textiles Department - Supplies to make plinths, frames for displaying exhibits, four mannequins
- Other - Wreaths and flowers for war graves
Here are some dates for your diaries for the rest of the academic year 2016-17
QUIZ NIGHT– SATURDAY 11TH MARCH AT 7.30PM – So gather your friends to win that FORMS Quiz Night Trophy! £12 per ticket to include a hot meal. Book here www.trybooking.co.uk/1051
SUMMER BALL – SATURDAY 13TH MAY
SUMMER FAIR – SATURDAY 24TH JUNE
SENIOR SCHOOL SPORTS DAY – SATURDAY 1ST JULY
Second Hand Uniform Sales
Thank you to all parents for supporting the Second Hand Uniform Sales last year and welcome to all new parents. Please come and see us in our fabulous Second Hand Uniform shop next door to Ruspini House, up the stairs to the left. We have plenty of excellent quality stock, and can also supply brand new ballet and dance shoes and clothing for Cadogan House pupils.
The shop is open as usual every Friday from 8.00am to 9.00am, except for on exeat weekends, when it is open from 3.00pm to 4.00pm.
Forthcoming opening dates are:
Friday 20th January 8.00 - 9.00am
Friday 27th January 8.00 - 9.00am
Friday 3rd February 3.00 - 4.00pm
We are in need of more stock for new girls, especially Cadogan House panama hats and winter coats. Please label or donate your items and leave them with Reception in New Mark Hall, or with Mrs Faulder in Cadogan House
Items to sell?
Parents can donate unwanted uniform, or label it and receive 70% or the sale price at the end of the year, just in time for Christmas! All net FORMS profits go towards buying "extras" for the girls at School.
Parents can now put uniform into the sale any time of the year. Please either download the form here or contact Abbey Joseph on firstname.lastname@example.org and she will forward you a form to fill in, which will create labels for you.
Need to buy uniform?
Please contact Abbey on email@example.com for enquiries or to make a booking
The small print…….
- While every effort is made to keep labels on the clothes FORMS are not able to accept responsibility for any mislaid items. Safety pins are the best way to secure labels to garments!
- We are not allowed to sell uniform that is in poor condition and therefore reserve the right to withhold from sale any items that we consider to be substandard.
- Clothes should be clean and in good condition and on the current School uniform list.
- 70% of the sale price is returned to parents at the end of the year and you can use the credit on your account to purchase second hand stock during the year. 30% of the sale price is donated to FORMS
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Abbey Joseph (Parent Organiser/FORMS)
Many thanks for your support.
FORMS AGM 2017 Sunday 12th March
The FORMS AGM will be held on Sunday 12th March at 5.30pm in the New Mark Hall
All are welcome, and the committee would be delighted if parents/guardians could join us to celebrate another successful year of fundraising in 2016 and to hear how the studentshave benefited from the funds raised.
Refreshments will be available from 5.00pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Penny Smee, FORMS Secretary via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you there.
The FORMS Committee