Close

Current Vacancies

The Royal Masonic School for Girls, in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, is an inspiring, rewarding and beautiful place to work.

Staff benefit from an exceptional physical environment, and a supportive ethos where career progression and development is actively encouraged.  

When applying for a vacancy at RMS, it is the responsibility of all candidates to familiarise themselves with the following documents:

For further information about academic achievement at RMS, please read the 

CURRENT VACANCIES

Academic

• Head of Music at Cadogan House

Support

• Assistant Caretaker
  • Photography Technician
  • Cadogan House After School Club Assistant

HEAD OF MUSIC AT CADOGAN HOUSE - REQUIRED SEPTEMBER 2017 OR JANUARY 2018

HEAD OF MUSIC AT CADOGAN HOUSE

PRE-PREPARATORY & PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT

FULL TIME or PART TIME

Required for September 2017 or January 2018 start

Music is a thriving and important subject both within and outside the curriculum at The Royal Masonic School for Girls. We are seeking a Full Time or Part Time Teacher of Music to join our outstanding team in Cadogan House.

We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who can inspire students within the classroom and who is also a strong leader of both vocal and instrumental ensembles. The successful candidate can expect to lead class music and singing across the full range of ages and abilities in our Preparatory Department, Cadogan House.

RMS is an independent, day and boarding school with a supportive and nurturing ethos. The School provides an exceptionally favourable working environment, with keen students and stunning surroundings. Further information can also be found in the Information Pack and Job Description. 

Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to explore this website for more information about our thriving school, with its excellent value added results and inclusive community spirit that encourages both girls and staff to work to their potential and beyond.

We welcome a letter of application and a completed application form which can be downloaded here. Completed applications only and any enquiries should be addressed to Miss Tyler Lawton on 01923 725762 or hrrecruitment@royalmasonic.herts.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.

Closing date for applications: Thursday 1st June 2017 at 9.00am

The Royal Masonic School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for enhanced disclosure.

The Royal Masonic School for Girls is an equal opportunities employer.

The Royal Masonic School for Girls is a Private Limited Company, Registered No 1339867 England, Registered Charity No 276784

Assistant Caretaker - Required July 2017

ASSISTANT CARETAKER

Required for July 2017 or Earlier 

We are seeking to appoint a full time Assistant Caretaker. The role will involve undertaking caretaking duties, as well as performing site security in line with the duty roster which on occasions requires weekend cover. In addition, the holder of the role will be required to be on call 1 weekend in 3, as part of the responsibilities both to our boarders and to external visitors.

The post holder will work for 40 hours per week through-out the year, 08:00 – 17:00 although flexibility will be required, with 30 days holiday per annum, pro rata.

RMS is an independent, day and boarding school with a supportive and nurturing ethos. The School provides an exceptionally favourable working environment, with keen students and stunning surroundings.

Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to explore this website for more information about our thriving school, distinguished by an inclusive community spirit that encourages both girls and staff to work to their potential and beyond.

Further information regarding the role can be found in the Job Description.

We welcome a letter of application and a completed application form which can be downloaded here.Completed applications only and any enquiries should be addressed to Miss Tyler Lawton on 01923 725762 or hrrecruitment@royalmasonic.herts.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.

Applications would be welcome as promptly as possible

Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd June 2017 by 9am

Photography Technician - Required September 2017

PHOTOGRAPHY TECHNICIAN

Required for September 2017

Applications are invited for the post of a Full Time, Photography Technician at The Royal Masonic School for Girls.

The role would involve supporting the department in the preparation of teaching materials; maintaining the teaching environment, darkroom and equipment; checking and ordering consumables and equipment as well as photographing and cataloguing the work of students, as directed. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to print students’ work and help set up regular exhibitions and displays around school.

Previous experience as a Photography Technician in a secondary school is preferred although training will be provided.  The post is for five days per week, term time only.

We welcome a letter of application and a completed application form which can be downloaded here.

Completed applications only and any enquiries should be addressed to Miss Tyler Lawton on 01923 725762 or hrrecruitment@royalmasonic.herts.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.

Completed applications only and any enquiries should be addressed to Miss Tyler Lawton on 01923 725762 or hrrecruitment@royalmasonic.herts.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.

Closing date for applications: Monday 5th June at 9.00am

Cadogan House After School Club Assistant - Required September 2017

CADOGAN HOUSE

PRE-PREPARATORY AND PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT

After School Club Assistant

Required for September 2017

Applications are invited for an After School Club Assistant at The Royal Masonic School for Girls. We require a lively and enthusiastic person who is imaginative and full of initiative to assist in the Preparatory department. 

The successful applicant will be keen to take an active part in the life of this vibrant and growing school and should be committed to our inclusive ethos which encourages each girl always to do her personal best.

The hours for the role are Monday to Thursday, 3.15pm until 6.15pm and Friday 3.15pm until 5.15pm, term time only.

Closing date for applications: Monday 12th June 2017 by 9am

RMS is a fabulous school and I believe offers a great start in life for its girls Parent

Contact RMS

The Royal Masonic School for Girls

Rickmansworth Park
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 4HF

01923 773168
plan your route
contact us